How to become a piano teacher in Adelaide
My piano teacher, John is superb and very talented. He is very patient with his students and he cares. He specializes in piano lessons and tailors them to suit the needs of the students, which I actually consider incredible!!! You won’t regret taking lessons. I assure you =)
We are a network of Uni Students looking for piano tutor work….
We offer you 1 on 1 home private lessons for students of all ages & levels in the convenience of your own home
What People Are Saying
How to become a piano teacher in Adelaide
No teaching experience? No problem!
We train our music teachers and our management support team are always available to answer any queries you may have about teaching. But, we expect all teachers to have a sound knowledge of general music theory and be able to read sheet music. No need to fret about teaching materials either, we will supply everything you need.
It is recommended that our teachers own a car to be able to drive their students home.
At Piano Lessons Australia, we offer independent and flexible working environment for our music teacher. If you like to become one of our great music teacher and be part of a dynamic music school – apply now!
Join Our Growing Family |How to become a piano teacher in Adelaide
To start, we would recommend a completed work application form and ensure to answer all questions as honest as you can with enough relevant details. We will also review your resume, if there are any incomplete details, your application will be tagged as incomplete until the missing information or document is received.
To apply, you also need to declare the city you wish to teach in. If you are moving soon, please wait until you have your new address before submitting your application.
After we received your completed application, we will screen it and some of the most important elements we look for are are your qualifications and teaching experience with piano. If you do not have a certificate or higher in Piano Studies – i.e. Certificate of Performance, Diploma or AMusA, or Bachelor of Music Degree, don’t worry. We accept applications for as long as you have at least completed grade 7 in your principal instrument.
After profiling you as a teacher
After you have been profiled, on the next stage of your application, we will share a link on your email with our questionnaire. This will assist the team in collecting further details, such as your years of teaching in a studio, how you incorporate classroom settings in an online class, assess your teaching styles etc. These things are needed to create your piano teacher profile and promote you to new potential students. You will be asked to describe your performance and professional experience on piano and in music in general.
We layout a list of consideration for new piano teachers below in each piano lesson.
- Put yourself into your student’s shoes: Skill and love of the instrument are important to becoming a piano teacher, and might make you an magnificent player. However, to be a truly remarkable teacher it needs a lot of work and you also need to know how to put yourself in your student’s shoes and adjust to their level of piano playing. Full time teaching to play the piano, whether they teach a starter student or an established pianist, it is extremely satisfying. But if you’re a skilled pianist, but new to teaching, becoming a piano teacher will challenge your educational work and social skills.
To get students, you need to have good marketing:
- First and foremost, you will need to learn good marketing strategy to attract as much new people to your piano lessons. This is something our newly hired teachers don’t have to worry about. If you are starting your career, start with us! we have to right tools to provide you a good student. We advertise online and have a team who take cares of profiling students who matches your talents and skills. Also, we find one around your area.
- Talking about marketing your skills on your first lesson: We do a trial lesson for half the price for new learners. This is the make or break if they would like to continue lessons with us. A good significant skill for starters is to make popular songs simpler for beginners.
- A good teacher will always plan each lesson according to the way the child want to learn (Visual (Spatial),Aural (Auditory-Musical), Verbal (Linguistic),Physical (Kinaesthetic), Logical (Mathematical),Social (Interpersonal), Solitary (Intrapersonal)
- They want to make sure the child has a solid foundation before moving into complexities. Making more complex songs easier keeps adults and kids alike interested, and prevents putting adult or teenage students off by making them play Mary Had A Little Lamb repetitively.
Techniques to simplify your teaching will help
Though you have already overcome a high level of music theory, method, performance and interpretation as a teacher, you will also need to know how to simplify your explanations and piano technique to so they could take in information at their own pace.
This means review on your piano pedagogy and creating an accessible and simple piano method for your beginner students. You may send us a message with your name email and time of availability so we can schedule your interview as soon as possible if you’re interested in applying with us.
Listening and understanding how to correct mistakes
For beginners especially, knowing how to listen patiently and correct mistakes kindly is significant.
While teaching piano lessons is normally joyful atmosphere, it can be frustrating when a teenage student refuses to practice, or an eager adult beginner keeps making the same error over and over again, or a toddler won’t focus in their class.
If you are giving lessons as a teacher to younger students, try radiating your mind back to yourself at their age, and ask yourself how long your own attention length was and the kind of learning you responded best to, No doubt, you may remember your kindest and most empathetic teachers the most dearly, and you probably tried the hardest in their lessons. Following them will help you get the best from your own piano students. In time, you will feel your job is something you look forward to.
Remember your challenges and how overcame them
If you’ve been playing the piano for years, you’ve probably had your own challenges- a piece or technique that slip away from you no matter how diligently you practice. Thinking of your own musical challenges will help you empathize with the problems of your students.
But before you go off and look how to get a work as piano teacher read on to discover the different pathways to getting the level of piano required to enter piano teaching. We are here to guide you if you need extra resources for beginning your teaching career.
Music and Conservatoriums Schools
Sad to say, music education is declining in both public and private school. With fewer choices to learn the piano at school, many students hoping to learn to play the piano are turning to cultural institutions such as local conservatoriums and music schools. Conservatoriums and private music schools are moving in to fill the gap.
Piano Lessons Australia is doing its part in conserving the importance of learning music for adult and child alike. If you want to take in a professional job, or you may be dreaming of a career in music production, music teaching degree – or simply for teaching your musical instrument, follow the links below to and start your career with us!
Want to teach the following? Get in touch with US TODAY .
Curious to know more?